- 24 percent of all Americans have more credit card debt than emergency savings.
- in additional 13 percent of all Americans do not have any credit card debt, but they do not have a single penny of emergency savings either.
- approximately 62 percent of all Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
- Adults under the age of 35 in the United States currently have a savings rate of negative 2 percent.
- 52 percent of all Americans really cannot even financially afford the homes that they are living in right now.
- 40 percent of Americans could not come up with $2000 right now without borrowing it.