// 今天要讲这个故事，又没有teachers guide，准备一下
1. He spend days sitting outdoors begging for money.
life is suffering. A blind person cannot see, cannot work, and can only beg to survive.
2. when Jesus’ disciples saw the blind man, they asked, "Jesus, whose fault is it that this man was born blind?"
life is even more suffering when get judged by other people.
People’s logic: "born blind" -> "he or his family must have sinned"
This is true in today’s world. When someone is unlucky, or lived miserably, we tend to judge them: he/she must did something bad. He/she is a loser.
We tend to be distant from these people to avoid sharing their life burden.
However, Jesus didn’t.
3. Jesus answered, "It’s not anyone’s fault. But it is an opportunity for God to show what He can do".
God’s judgement is different.
When Jesus is nailed on cross, he didn’t blame anyone. instead, he said, "they don’t know what they do".
So, never blame, take the responsibility. Or, take the opportunity.
Another story, "A Woman Caught in Adultery". Jesus said: “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!”
So, in God’s view, everyone is sinned, no one is better than the other.
People tend to judge other people to show self-righteousness. This is a sin by itself. It shows people replace God with himself. It’s the result of eating the forbidden fruit, i.e. the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.
An even worse consequence of "human judgement" is that people use the human standards to judge themselves. We feel shamed when we are in-competent. We might also feel worthless, no hope, guilty.
So, "human judgement" is a path to death.
4. Jesus saved the blind man.
Jesus is compassionate. Jesus regard a person’s suffering as an opportunity to show God’s grace, to show God’s love almighty power.
It’s Christian’s responsibility/opportunity to help those in need.
5. The blind man listened to Jesus and obeyed. He walked to the pool and washed his eyes. Then he could see for the first time in his whole life. He jumped for joy and shouted, "I can see!, I can see!". Then he ran to see his family for the very first time.
God show his grace to everyone. But to be really saved, we need to take the action to accept the gift. This is not as easy as it sounds to be. It requires: 1) listen, 2) obey, 3) take action. Just see what our children’s reaction to parents/teachers commands then you know how hard it is. Moreover, it requires faith in God, which happens between 1) and 2). How can you believe those "simple actions" can cure you? Without faith, you are not able to do 2) and 3).
6. The blind man do witness, shared the gospel.
The story is not end. A saved person has the responsibility to share his own story so more people can believe in Jesus and be saved.
7. Religious leader do not believe.
Even they knew the blind man, even many people confirmed the fact. They don’t want to believe. Their heart is hard. They have high social status, high intellect, and not willing to admit Jesus, a "normal" people has more power. Again, this shows how hard for a proud person to believe in God.